These were an epically delicious rendition of a no bake chocolatey delight.
I was in a hurry to throw something together for a healthy, but scrumptiously light snack for Bible study when I came across this recipe…
It was a no bake cookie by Diana Rattray from about.com
(If you would like to check out the original recipe here is the link: http://southernfood.about.com/od/cookies-bars-candy/ss/No-Bake-Cookies.htm)
Although they will not win the prize for most dainty dessert or prettiest nom, I am pretty sure they will win over your tastebuds…just ask one of the guys at Bible study..
He had at least four…
This recipe is easy and fairly low maintainence, just like I like ’em.
No Bake ChocoOat PB Cookies
- 4 ounces apple sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 to 4 tablespoons peanut butter, optional
- 3 cups quick oatmeal or rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
These recipe yields about 24-30 cookies*
The thing I love about this recipe is that it only requires 5 steps.
1. Dump dark chocolate chips, peanut butter, oats, and vanilla in medium bowl.
2. Combine applesauce, water, brown sugar, and powdered sugar into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
**Allow to boil for 1 minute**
3. Add the hot mixture to the chocolate chip/oats/PB/vanilla.
4. As soon as possible, stir the two mixtures, and spoon out dollops of batter onto wax paper on a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
5. Lastly, let those puppies cool and then put them into the fridge/freezer for about an hour to solidify.
**If you have less then an hour I recommend the freezer for as long as possible
And there you have it!
Tasty treats quick, easy, and healthy!
Thanks for stopping by!