It was a dark and dreary night…
Rain poured incessantly outside the window..
With a crack of lightning, the power flicks off and on again…
My original plan was to use an awesome recipe online, but due to the intense storm I did not want to push my luck with the computer..
So I made this one up.
Whole Wheat Summer Squash Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg ( can use egg substitue)
1 medium squash
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
*Yields about 5-6 pancakes
1. First clean and peel the yellow squash.
2. Chop up the squash.
3. Place the squash in a medium pot filled halfway with water. Place pot over medium heat on stove.
Allow this to come to a boil..Let it boil for about 20-30 or until it becomes mashable.
4. Drain squash and mash.
5. Combine the egg, vanilla, brown sugar, flour, milk, and cinnamon into a bowl.
6. Add mixture to squash.
7. Spray some cooking spray into a medium frying pan over med to high heat and drop the desired amount of batter.
8. When the top of pancake bubbles and is ready, flip!