Howdy readers :).
This one is a twist of an oldie, but a goodie!
Mom’s banana pudding..
The twist you ask???
Normally my mom makes the banana pudding crust out of honey graham crackers.
This time she offered up an ingenuous idea….
Use chocolate chip cookies as the crust!!!
..Mainly to use them up because we were not eating them fast enough, but hey, isn’t that where banana pudding came from??
So here’s how to make it…
Semi- Homemade Chocolate Chip Banana Pudding
1 small box of instant JELLO Banana Pudding ( or any other banana pudding)
Milk ( any type)
12-15 regular sized chocolate chip cookies
2-3 very ripe bananas ( or as ripe or as not ripe as you’d like)
1. First off, read the directions on the instant pudding mix to determine the amount of milk to use.
2. Second, whisk the instant pudding mix and milk together in a medium sized bowl.
3. Break up most of the cookies to fit an 8 X 8 baking pan ( like a square). I used a glass one.
Save the leftover cookies!!**
4. Chop up bananas as desired. I chose to slice them horizontally and then cut them into halves.
5. Spread them out evenly over the chocolate chip cookies.
6. Dump the pudding over top the unsuspecting banana and cookie layered treat.
7. Next mash up the rest of the cookies until you have a crumb like consistency.
8. Sprinkle crumbs over the pudding until you use it all up. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible.
9. Allow this puppy to chill covered in a refrigerator for about 4 hours.
As a side note!!!
This recipe can be easily modified to any diet ( gluten free cookies, vegan cookies, dairy free milk….)
If you decide to give any of those a try with this recipe, feel free to share!