Things have been pretty crazy lately..
I am just getting over a stubborn cold, my internship is about to wrap up, and I am in the process of moving all before school starts up in about three weeks..
So I plan on getting at least one recipe a week for the next few weeks, just until things settle for five seconds.
I adapted this recipe from another foodie’s blog at
Salted Caramel No Bakes
1 cup applesauce
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla
salt (enough to sprinkle over top if desired)
*Yields 24-30 cookies
1. Combine the brown and white sugar with the applesauce in medium pot.
2. Stir over medium heat until gooey.
3. Add milk and stir.
4. Bring mixture a boil for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. After the four minutes, turn off the heat and add vanilla and stir.
6. Add the oatmeal.
7. Using a tablespoon, plop dollops of the oatmeal goop onto a baking sheet covered with wax or parchment paper.
If desired–sprinkle salt over top.
Give these puppies about a half hour at regular room temp, then pop them into the fridge for four hours or more.
These little yummies are a bit sticky, but oh so good!!