Yes..It finally happened!
The union of sweet potatoes and oreos has been complete.
Now you may be thinking how? Or why?
Well I ask …. why not?
After allowing two of favorite flavors reign under the same roof, I noticed the couple had a few power struggles.
The sweetness of a sweet potato and that of an Oreo cookie are a bit different.
Chocolate VS vegetable.
I must say that I am still in the process of learning the perfect amount of sweet potato to Oreo cookie ratio as well the balancing of additional spices….
Overall I’d say this tactic was a success and I look forward to perfecting other sweet potato and Oreo yummies 🙂
Sweet Potato & Oreo Bar
¼ c honey
½ c sugar
½ cup applesauce
1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour ( I used whole wheat flour)
12 Oreo cookies
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
* I attempted to create this dish 3 times. Each time I would notice that I was missing a key ingredient. By the third try, I decided to just go for it!*
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F as well as grease up a medium sized loaf pan (Its all I had…feel free to use any deep baking pan)
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix applesauce, honey, sugar, and sweet potato.
3. Crush up the cookies..I used the sweet potato can before I opened it.
4. Combine the crushed cookies, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bigger bowl.
5. Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry. If you want, mix with your hands.
6. Pour the mixture into your baking pan and sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top.
Allow to bake for 30-40 minutes or until it browns on top.
Check with a toothpick.
Yes I know..the picture is not as exciting as the actual bar..
Believe me, I was in a rush and forgot to take a picture and this is what I got.
This is good…
Fiance approved 🙂