Well its that time of year again…
Leaf crunching, cocoa sipping, pumpkin eating weather..
Its my favorite!
The arrays of oranges and reds delicately fragranced with the scent of brisk smoky air…
In the spirit of the best time of the year, I decided to pump out some pumpkin cupcakes.
Just as an FYI, the frosting is not vegan, but can easily be done so with the proper substitutions.
Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 mashed banana
1 cup pumpkin puree
Not So Vegan Frosting
1 8oz package reduced fat cream cheese
( to make vegan, find a vegan cream cheese)
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
*Yields 20-24 cupcakes
1. Mix the dry ingredients from the cupcake recipe, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk applesauce, white sugar, and brown sugar together until it has an airy texture.
3. Add the mashed banana slowly to the wet mix.
4. After the banana is well mixed, stir in the pumpkin puree.
** If needed, add a couple splashes of water to make stirring easier.
5. Combine the dry mix with the wet mix and stir well until everything is blended.
6. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
1. Whisk softened cream cheese while slowly adding in the confectioner’s sugar.
2. Once blended well add the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
3. After letting the cupcakes cool, frost!
Hope you enjoy this scrumptious taste of Fall..I know I will 🙂
This is my favorite time to bake!!
Keep a look out for some more fun fall recipes!