Mmmm almonds 🙂
Such a sweet, but innocent nut.
You can do alot with almonds…
Pumpkin spice almonds.
Now I do not know about you, but this time of year I will take almost any excuse to consume something with the name “pumpkin” in it.
This recipe does not include such almonds, my fiance ate them all before I had the chance to use them, however, feel free to use whatever type of almond you would like.
Vegan Almond Crunch Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
I used an 8×8 aluminum pan (greased) and was able to get about 12 servings**
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine applesauce and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Stir in the mashed banana, and almond extract.
4. Gradually add the flour, mixing well as you go.
5. Dump it all in the 8×8 pan.
6. Sprinkle the cinnamon and white sugar evenly across the top.
7. Using what type of almonds, I used almond crunch cereal, sprinkle that over top evenly as well.
8. Pop it into the oven for 25-30minutes.
These puppies went like hotcakes Sunday morning before church
A nice chewy and crunchy combo to satisfy your taste buds 🙂
Keep coming readers!
This week I have been cooking up some pumpkin dishes I cannot wait to share with you!
Tune in next week 🙂