Its been some time since I popped on over here, and let me just say how much I have missed it!
With my college graduation coming up in a week and the wedding slowly creeping up on me in about 3 months….
Well you could say I have been a bit preoccupied.
Luckily I have made time post today 🙂
Mainly because I made time to bake up something healthy which has been awhile.
Now this was the first time I have ever made scones and I needed to make enough for the morning church goers.
I took this recipe that I found and made small circular scones as opposed to big wedges.
Here is the website where the recipe is from: http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/11/cinnamon-oat-scones/
Vegan Cinnamon Oat Scones
- 1 1/2 cups oats, old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any other type of nondairy milk)
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 tbsp brown sugar for sprinkling
*Yields 24 small round scones
*I used a muffin tin to bake in to keep their shape
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Next stir in your applesauce.
4. In another bowl, whisk up the mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla. (If you want, scoop out 1 tsbp for later as a brushing)
5. Slowly add the flour mixture and the oats to the wet ingredients until well blended.
6. Get a clean spot on your table and dust it with flour.
7. Dump your combined mixture out onto the table and spread it out across the flour with a spoon.
8. Using a cookie cutter or a measuring cup cut out little circles and then place them in a sprayed muffin tin.
9. Drizzle a bit the leftover wet ingredients and then sprinkle brown sugar over top.
10. Pop it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
They should get a bit brown around and on top.
These were super delicious and my fiance almost ate half of them before we were able to bring them to the church!