The holidays have come and gone, but who says you still cannot indulge in your favorite holiday cookies?
This cold winter leaves me craving for those warm delicate desserts and a hot cup of cocoa…
Mmmm…I think its almost my snack time 🙂
Now this recipe was combination of a few.
So it’s hard to say exactly where I got it from.
Vegan Sugar Cookies
2 1/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup powerdered sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 mashed banana
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
** Yields about 3-4 dozen
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease up the baking pan.
2. Mix up the white sugar, powdered sugar, oil, and applesauce until well blended.
3. Blend into the wet mixture the mashed banana and vanilla together.
4.Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Then add to the wet mixture.
5. Take the brown sugar and place it in a bowl.
6. Shape the dough into balls and roll them around in the brown sugar.
7. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown which may be sooner than 10 minutes depending on your oven.
It took me a few batches to figure out the right timing for my oven**