I figured I might as well end the trend of holiday goodies with one of my favorites.
Now I do not know what the obsession is that I have with gingerbread.
It could be the stress relief of the rolling out and cutting of the dough, then decorating it with tic-tacs and red hots on Christmas Eve with my sisters.
Or maybe its just because my fiance is a ginger, and I just have no restraint to such things.
Funny story! I promise it’ll be quick.
While waltzing around Weis Markets one night, as my fiance and I were pursuing each of our weekly groceries, I was awe struck by a certain mischievous display.
So I rushed to grab a box and…
I gave him a suggestion that we should make a ginger family and as you can see here I got the thumbs up!
In all seriousness though as we were shopping to make these particular cupcakes all the stores were out molasses.
(This is what happens when you wait until the week before Christmas)
Therefore this recipe is without molasses, but feel free to add it in as you might normally do.
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
Vegan Cinnamon Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
**Yields 12-16 cupcakes**
1.Preheat oven to 350° F .
2. Combine oil, and sugar in a bowl then blend in mashed banana until well mixed.
3. In a medium bowl stir the flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Add to wet ingredients.
4. Then boil the water. Remove from heat and add baking soda and stir into mixture
5. Pour into baking cups and bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
(prepare while the gingerbread cupcakes are either baking or cooling)
1. With a whisk, mix applesauce and oil until well blended. Add brown sugar, salt, vanilla and cinnamon
2. Gradually add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time continuously mixing
3. While mixing, slowly add the almond milk.
4. Once cupcakes are cooled, frost those babies up!