Once again, I am here to share another recipe from my hubby’s birthday celebrations.
His favorite dessert is strawberry cheesecake.
Wanting to try something fun and different, I took my mom’s original No Bake Cheesecake recipe and spruced it up a bit.
On a tight budget, I planned out the ingredients needed to make this decadent treat.
As I began to prepare the cheesecake, I noticed I did not have anything to make the crust.
Sticking to the budget, our most recent purchase of animal crackers caught my eye.
So I dug up a recipe online for an animal cracker crust and adapted it to my liking.
Animal Cracker Crust
4 cups of animal crackers
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of margarine melted
1/4 cup of applesauce
**Yields 14-16 mini cheesecakes or one 8 inch pie
1. If you have a food processor, combine animal crackers, salt, and brown sugar until crumby. If you do not, put the ingredients into a freezer bag and using a rolling pin or other heavy object crush the contents. Shake the bag to make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
2. In the food processor add the melted butter and applesauce and pulse to thoroughly combine to look like “wet sand”. Without a food processor, just add the wet ingredients with the dry and mix until the desired consistency.
3. Using mini plastic bundt cups, I distributed the crust evenly over 14 cups. This could also be poured into one 8 inch pie dish.
4. Place in fridge to chill while making up cheesecake filling.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
1 8oz package of reduced fat strawberry cream cheese
1 8oz package of light sour cream
1 8oz package of light whipped topping
1/3 cup of sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp of strawberry preserves
1. Beat the cream cheese until smooth in a large bowl.
2. Gradually beat in the sugar.
3. Blend in the sour cream and vanilla.
4. Add in the strawberry preserves, mix well and add accordingly to taste.
5. Fold in the whipped topping until well blended.
6. Pour into individual or whole crust dish.
7. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to let set up.
Happy Birthday my love!!!