Mmmmm creamy peanut butter intertwined with chunks of chocolate all swirled into a rich yogurt base.
I made this scrumptious treat for my husband’s (yes he is my husband now!) birthday.
It was quite an adventure….
Let me start by saying we are a hard budget, the kind that means once the weekly grocery bill is paid there is no more trips to the store until next week.
I forgot to plan for certain birthday surprises and I had to scramble to come up with something delish.
I know my hubby loves my homemade pb ice cream (which we just got an ice cream maker with wedding money!!!!)
So I felt it was only necessary that as his wife to my his fave for his birthday.
Unfortunately we did not have many ice cream producing ingredients.
But as I searched my fridge I found a whole quart of plain yogurt.
An idea sparked in my head….PB cup Fro Yo!!!
I started concoting the frozen yogurt base when I came to a realization that
….we did not have peanut butter cups.
So luckily I had cocoa powder and peanut butter and was able to make my own homemade PB bites.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt
3 cups of plain low fat or fat free yogurt
1 cup of peanut butter
3 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tsp of vanilla
24 regular peanut butter cups or 12 homemade
1. Combine all ingredients except peanut butter cups.
2. In a closed container allow the mixture to chill for 2 hours.
3. After allowing to chill, place your mixture in an ice cream mixture for a total of 20 minutes.
4. During the last 5 minutes of your ice cream maker churning, break up the peanut butter cups and add to the mixture.
5. Store in a container in a freezer to set, if you desire a thicker consistency. Take out to thaw about 10ish minutes before serving. Good for about one month in the freezer.