What in the wide world of sports is that???????
Well I am glad you asked. This little diddy was inspired by my newly in lawed aunt and uncle.
After an adventurous afternoon filled with baking, eating, cooking, eating, and more eating, and drinking I got bit by the baking bug to create something fun and delicious.
We baked two loaves of homemade zucchini bread, which by the way were tastastic…. 🙂
At home later the next evening, I was getting ready to bake up some bread for future usage.
I thought to myself, how can I turn my mundanely eaten banana bread into an exciting bundle of deliciousness??
Well I answered myself quite literally….add zucchini!!!
We gather here today, to witness in the joining of banana and zucchini.
We had this huge zucchini that was taking refuge in my husbands car for only God knows how long.
Therefore it was a no-brainer to add this veggie to my quick bread.
Hesitation set in due to my lack of success with my first try of zucchini bread I had made previously in the week.
But with my hubby cheering me on in the background, I went for it with my game face on and this is what I came up with.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter/oil/margarine (whichever you have)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup of milk
1. Set the oven at 350. Grind oats in a food processor.
2. Combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
3. In the food processor combine banana, brown sugar, zucchini, oil/butter, milk, and applesauce until smooth.
4. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
5. Dump into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
There you have it folks, the union of two beautiful edible plants joined in marital bliss!
Hubby tested, hubby approved 🙂