Mmmmm nothing like cooking a warm breakfast on a beautiful Sunday morning…
These pancakes are not only cheap, but delicious and healthy!!
Now the reason I say that these pancakes are almost gluten free is because I use non gluten free oats, but you could easily swap them out for gf oats.
I decided to calculate a rough estimate on about how much each of these pancakes would cost.
Some things I did not include in the final price were spices and sugar just due to the sheer volume and calculation I would have to do.
For 8-11 pancakes it cost me $1.75
That’s right just $0.15 a pancake!!!
Just ask my hubby, he will tell you just how good they are too 😉
11/4 cup oats
1/2 cup chickpeas (soaked and ground)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp ginger
2 tsp vanilla
*Yields 8-11 pancakes
1. Put oats and ground chickpeas into food processor. Bled until well combined.
(Just buy dried chickpeas, soak 1 cup of beans in water overnight or 6-8hrs, allow to dry and put into food processor–good in fridge for a week)
2. Take all dry ingredients and combine into a large bowl.
3. Blend all the wet ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
5. Scoop desired amount of pancake batter into a sprayed pan over low to medium heat.
6. When you see those bubbles popping, flip those puppies over!!
7. Let cool, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!!
“The Lord is my shepherd, I have all that I need” –NLT