Long name, right?
Well I did not know how else to describe this thrown together creation
Originally, my plan was to make a gluten free chocolate pie..
Originally, everything I needed was going to be at one store at the last minute…
Well I scrambled up some random ingredients and concoted something that would just not do well in the heat at the church picnic…
I started to panic and wondered if my reputation of making delicious treats would be demolished…
So I decided to use whatever ingredients I could find that were leftover from the battle earlier that morning.
Here’s what I had:
2 cups rice krispies (gluten free)
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp caramel syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3 tsp water
The Delight (glaze)
4 tbsp Brown sugar
2 tsp cinn sug
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Water
Yields 12-16 servings*
1. So first we start out by mixing up The Crunch. Combine the rice krispies and brown sugar. Try to remove any chunky pieces of brown sugar.
2. Next add in the vanilla and half of the caramel syrup.
3. Spread the mixture flat onto a greased baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the rest of the caramel syrup over top.
If you want more caramel taste, feel free to add more syrup.
4. Pop it into an oven at 150 degrees (yes just barely turn on the oven) for a about 2-3 minutes.
You really just want the mix to get slightly crunchy/chewy.
Set aside and begin The Chocolate.
5. Pour your dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
6. Pop the chips into the microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute.
7. Take out and stir chips.
If need be, add a splash of water to reduce the stiffness of the melted chips.
You want the consistnecy to be thick, but soft enough to mix and spread evenly
9. In aluminum pie pan (or regular pie pan), combine The Crunch and The Chocolate.
You want to make sure all of the Crunch is coated in the Chocolate.
Now its time to break out The Delight.
10. Put brown sugar and cinnamon sugar in a bowl and mix it up.
Try to get the ingredients as evenly distributed as possible.
11. Add the vanilla.
12. Because you want to have a glazey liquid consistency add splashes of water as needed.
13. Dribble this Delight over the symphony of chocolate and rice krispies.
14. Let cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes before serving.
The sweet older ladies at the picnic loved this treat!
That is where I got the name from…
One lady asked me what it was called and I told her I did not have a name for it.
“How about chocolate delight?”
Sounded like a good idea to me.